Saturday 8 January 2011

magnolia's

It's a NYC 'must do' for any SATC fan (that's Sex in the City for ordinary folk)

Take a trip up Bleeker St in the West Village and sample the delights of Magnolia's. This place was even better than I imagined....quaint and cute with net curtains and the most delicious cakes and cupcakes





Now here's a link to the scene where Miranda and Carrie eat cupcakes outside the bakery. It's crazy that this 20 second clip put this place on the map and started the long lasting cupcake revolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5CJAXZxJXA

Of course, I love Sex and the City and I love cupcakes so I had to combine the two. Thankfully these cupcakes did not let me down. I selected the red velvet. It was soft and spongy and the icing was like nothing I'd ever tasted before....

red velvet cupcakes
I tell you though, it was pretty darn hard to pick which cake to eat, so many beautiful cupcakes to choose from.




and finally, we had to walk around the corner to see Carrie's stoop. I feel for the owners who have mad crazy SATC fans from around the globe on their doorstep taking photos.

It's a beautiful house, you can just picture Carrie running down those steps in a quirky dress, looking fabulous......

do do do do do dod, do, do do , do

No comments:

Post a Comment