Saturday 7 May 2011

coffee by zaha hadid

It was a sunny Austrian day and we took the cable car designed by Zaha Hadid up to the top of the mountain in Innsbruck. The stations were something else,  apparently they were made to look like ice. The curved shapes were beautiful.


After getting to the top and then halfway down, we stopped for lunch in the sunshine at a really cute little cafe. Not sure of the name but it's the only one there (I think)


I swiftly ordered a melange, feeling happy I knew the local lingo. Only to be told melange was used only in Vienna....doh! So, cappuccino it was. It was my favourite coffee of the whole trip, full of body , perfect temperature. Of course being in such beautiful surroundings helped.


We were absolutely starving, the menu was good, lots of vegetarian options. I went for the strudel (picture is weird as I'm still working out macros for new camera)




1 comment:

  1. Melange? The spice of prescience and immortality from Dune? I want some!!!!

    ReplyDelete