Saturday 11 September 2010

tea and cake with spinster

My favourite band, Spinster, were playing a small arty festival called Supernormal.

http://www.supernormalfestival.co.uk/

So, a group of us went to camp with the band for the weekend, and watch their set 4pm Sunday.

Much fun was had, much beer was drunk. But this blog is about, crockery, cakes and caffs, so how does Spinster's gig fit in??

Well, the site was dotted with lots of lovely things. Firstly this tea stall jam packed with cute things, and serving tea. I can't comment so much on the tea, as I was knocking back the beers at the time (which by the way were local and v tasty)



After spending most of Saturday drinking beer, I woke with the world's worst hangover. Literally could not move. But, I did manage to recover in time to venture to the artists studio, see some of their work. But best of all they had a tea and cake stall...
It was a wonderful old fashioned building, cool inside, away from the hot summer sun...
When I saw this sign, I was happy as Larry.
spot the Spinster flier



Now, what sugary treat would I  indulge in? Scones with masses  of home made jam  and clotted cream? 





Chocolate cake? Or how about a lovely lemon drizzle cake? Only £1.50 a slice...!

spot another spinster flier
Now, although the tea was tempting, I had a refreshing elderflower to wash down my cake...




and finally, I adored this sugar bowl and jug set. I'll be keeping my eyes out for something similar...


No comments:

Post a Comment