Wednesday 21 September 2011

oystralian vego breaky

I had a few culinary adventures back home and made a few dishes I'd always wanted to try out. The crazy thing is they were traditional British recipes. The day I arrived in Perth it was rainy and blustery so I stayed home with my step pa, watched the footy and made a roast (veggie of course)
Now, with the lack if Aunt Bessie's frozen yorkshire puds on hand I had to make my own...I think the trick was to whisk the batter and heat the oil before cooking. They were perfect (no pics though!)

We had a family dinner the Saturday before I left, and we had masses of roast vegetables left over. So I had the chance to try and make bubble and squeak. Talk about easy! Mash the roast veg into patties and fry.

Bob's your Uncle....Mate!!

The vego (that Australian for veggie) breakfast is good for a hangover!

1 comment: