Thursday 22 September 2011

figs and quilts

A trip home to Perth, Western Australia is not complete unless I have brunch by the beach with my best girlfriends. We usually head to the Wild Fig, as it's right by the beach that I love so much....


After our experience at the end of August I will rethink our usual spot, we arrived only to be told we could not have a walk it booking for 6 people, and the waitress was not especially helpful with our request. I 'm sure they have a reason for this, but I can't think what it was. My friend had the idea that we'd just try and get two tables beside each other, which is just what we managed. The next problem was they did not want us to push these two tables beside each other, but we did it anyway..

So, onto the food....I ordered the aussie classic coffee, a flat white, which was actually perfect.


For my brunch I ordered a vegetarian sandwich with avocado, we all waited and waited and waited for our order. It really did take forever. Was tasty when it arrived though.



photo courtesy of Miss Bettie
The best bit about the brunch was seeing my wonderfully close friends, I'm so happy to count these girls among my nearest and dearest, time and distance do not matter.

After lunch, I hung out at the beach for ages with Miss Bettie who had made me and my girl a very special wedding gift. I felt so lucky.


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely morning we had...now lets see some photos of the happy couple snuggled up together quilt testing!
    Love that infamous MissBettie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great idea, a breakfast in bed with quilt post....!! We love our quilts so much!

    ReplyDelete