Sunday 20 June 2010

cypriot delights

We spent a week in Cyprus for a wedding and discovered an authentic taverna right next to our hotel. We were walking up the street, feeling hungry and not in the mood to walk far...we spotted Cyprus Tavern and away we went up the dirt track. I don't know the name of the street but if you ever find yourself at Olympic Lagoon hotel , Agia Napa (yep, I went there and lived the tell the tale!) this little place is right beside the hotel.

The taverna became a favourite, it is run by a couple and the food is home cooked and fresh. It's lovely sitting outside. Everytime we came to the taverna , I ordered tzatziki. It was perfectly creamy and refreshing, especially when washed down with a glass of rose.


The vegetarian mousakka was really tasty, not too heavy, just a great mix of aubergine, potato and tomato. I loved it so much I ordered the dish two out of three times I visited.


The ambience at the restaurant was very friendly, we loved the lady who always served us. The second night we went, we took all the family and had a table for 17! They had no problem at all coping and the food was so tasty. On our last evening we were back at Cyprus Tavern and the owner mentioned her home made baklava was on the dessert menu. I LOVE baklava so ordered it straight away. It was perfectly sweet and just amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment