Saturday 5 June 2010

vegantastic rootmaster birthday

About a month ago, I had a wonderful birthday celebration with my nearest and dearest.
The Rootmaster http://www.root-master.co.uk is a unique vegan restaurant by Brick Lane. I reserved an area at the back of the bus and we squeezed about 12 people in the space. 

It was really cosy and intimate, I loved sharing vegan food with all my friends. The service was very friendly and the food was delicious. To start we all shared some vegan mezze plates. The food was tasty but a bit too much lettuce and we weren't given any plates to eat it with ...bit messy!


I didn't take any photos of the main dishes, but among us the tart proved the most popular when ordering but I saw some disappointed faces when it arrived! My other half ordered the kofta balls, which were yum. I had a tofu tower which was perfect- I really enjoyed having food that you can't order elsewhere. It was a huge tofu stack with a curry like sauce....

Then came the cake. The bus only allows vegan food so this was a surprise as M had ordered this for me. It was a little touch to cut so we all had to hold the plate together. I loved the cake and the bus staff gave me a container to take it home :)



All in all, a very happy birthday was had. The fact that you're eating on the bus makes the experience all the more fun, the food is fresh and tasty, the staff were fab and couldn't fault the service. The only downside is that there is no loo, so you have to use the pub next door (although I must say witnessing salsa class was amusing)

No comments:

Post a Comment