Monday 2 August 2010

falafel at diana cafe

After spending a lovely summer's afternoon guzzling rose at the Electric and watching England actually win a game in the World Cup...(long distant memory now...) I found myself wandering in west London. It was just a damn too nice day to be underground on the tube...Wanting to prolong my the inevitable tube journey I found myself beside Diana Cafe. I've always wanted to venture inside and now the blog has given me a perfect excuse...


Now this cafe is a complete shrine to the 'People's Princess' It's packed to the brim with lots of images of Diana. She even visited the cafe on one occasion.

What I liked about this place, which is a complete contrast to the Sloan Ranger ideals of the 80's, is that Diana went there...why, I wondered...? Is it because it is her namesake? I mean without the pictures this is just a bog standard caff. That's exactly why I loved it. Cheap, cheerful and fun.

So, what did I eat? Well, it's run by a middle eastern guy so I had to order the falafel. Now just like the memory of England winning a game at the World Cup and perhaps account of Rose' consumer prior to said falafel, I can't exactly recount the cost of falafel, but it was a bargain.


Too cool me down on the hot summer June day, I quenched my thirst with some fresh mint tea...it was heavenly!



So I sat back, chilled, looked at al the Diana pictures and felt very happy with the ambience of the cafe.






I'd be back to Diana Cafe in a flash....I rate it 4 teacups.

No comments:

Post a Comment