Saturday 14 August 2010

the oven door

A trip to Northern Ireland wouldn't be complete unless I went to The Oven Door, Market Street Limavady. Now this place has actually been called Hunters for the entire time I've been visiting Limavady, but still, it's always known as The Oven Door.



Now my diet in NI usually consists of chips, chips and more chips. But on this particular day I decided to mix things up a bit and have soup. Of course, it is Ireland so potato and leek soup was on offer...


This cafe is great- its a mix of all Limavady folk who have gone 'down the town' the staff are friendly, the coffee is good and the locals are all chatty. I do love my hols in Ireland.

The cafe was recently renovated but has always kept the same seating plan. It's very cosy.



At the back of the shop is a fantastic shop, filled to the brim with table clothes, jugs, crockery. I've bought many little bits and bobs here. I have to restrain myself every time I go there and remind myself of all my treasured items at home.

I also like to window shop at the cakes...they look good!


No comments:

Post a Comment