Sunday 14 November 2010

crockery and cocktails

A bunch of us went to this bar on Saturday afternoon. It was so damn long ago, the details are a little hazy!

It was our friend King Julian who suggested we go there as knows I have an obsession with vintage, crockery, tea...and let's face it, I like a drink too. So all my favourite things in one place.

http://www.bourneandhollingsworth.com/



The bar is set out like a granny's living room. There are pristine white tablecloths and basil and mind growing on each table. It's a tiny little place but I discovered you can reserve a space.

The cocktails here are the real star of the show. The best ones are served in vintage tea cups and they have little accompanying treats.

This was called Gardener's Delight ( I think). It was served with an teeny cucumber sandwich, heavenly....


This cocktail was some kind of rum based drink, served with a minute jaffa cake. It was called Pirates something (can't quite remember) It was very tasty, sampled a few of these...

This was the Gardner's Delight from D's perspective....The idea behind the cocktails in tea cups is that apparently this is how alcohol was served during prohibition times.




I even loved the bathroom......



We drank  more and more cocktails, they were irresistable. I think they were reasonable priced at £7 each. They were well made....and for this reason I spent an absolute fortune and left rather squiffy. They were such lovely drinks, I had more and more

We all had more and more......



A good afternoon was had by all....!

(they even almost ran out of tea cups)




No comments:

Post a Comment