Wednesday 10 November 2010

brussels flea market


Look at this......absolute heaven for a crockery vintage enthusiast like me. The flea market in Brussels was packed with a range of cups, saucers, plates, pots. All covered in cute designs begging to be bought. But do you think I came back with one single thing? NO. Shocking isn't it...! But....picture this....a romantic weekend spent getting completely lost...and on the Sunday it was not just raining, it was pouring. Have I set the scene enough? I was dead excited when I realised the Sunday flea market was on route to the Eurostar and M kindly said she'd hold the cases while I had a nosy around. I suspect she just wanted to stay under shelter, but hey, I was happy.
I must have wandered the market several times, it was pelting down and the cups and bowls were all filled to the brim with water.


But, wonders will never cease, I just couldn't see one thing I felt like buying. Wierdest experience ever. I blame the rain...!

No comments:

Post a Comment