Saturday 27 November 2010

teacups in Cannes

Ahhhhhh summer, a distant memory now. I found myself in the south of France for work a couple of months ago and managed to get a couple of hours to myself.

So, I took a long walk past Cannes Harbour, to the church at the top of the hill.


 So, making my walk back to the madness (work)  and I took a different route down the teeny tiny little French pathways, and discovered a gorgeous antique shop. Would it be packed with bargains I could fill my suitcase with? Hmmmm.....this was Cannes so I guessed now. Undeterred though, I went into the shop for a nosy around...

I spotted the tea cups immediately and fell in love. I asked the shopowner the price of the teacup...

Can you guess?




100 euros. Apparently they're from the 1800's


I enquired what was the cheapest thing they had for sale.

It was a teacup. But at 40 euros.


As much as I loved the teacups, knowing I'd been at the Brussels flea market not so long ago and survived without a purchase, I walked away.



No comments:

Post a Comment