Tuesday 14 June 2011

faulkner's kingsland rd

When my friend S decided to move back up north, I knew I had to try and get a dinner date in the diary for some old fashion chips. So we headed to Faulkner's for our second catch up of the year, took our seats and both commented it felt like we were on holidays.

We settled on an order of chip butties, halloumi cheese and beer. Plus some mushy peas on the side for me.




I enjoyed every bite and the service was outstanding. S wanted fish cakes, but not fresh one, the frozen kind and the waiter kindly offered her to try their home made ones for free, which we ordered and S really enjoyed them.  The waiter explained they'd be making fish cakes with the same recipe for 40 years. Washed down with lashings of beer and lots of chatter, we were very happy indeed.

We decided to go order the dessert and settled on sticky toffee pudding. 


The pudding was really tasty, I'd be back in a flash if only S wasn't already up north! Anyone else want to join me?!

2 comments:

  1. yup - count me in... I love good fish cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do it! It is a proper chip place so you feel like you're on hols. Of course, I'm only going on hearsay with fish cakes being a vegetarian and all. xx

    ReplyDelete