Saturday 4 June 2011

reading rooms margate

If anyone is looking for a romantic, peaceful and inspiring weekend away, I couldn't suggest anywhere better than the Reading Rooms in Margate. It was heavenly- so relaxing and with amazing attention to detail.




We stayed in Room 3, which has a sea view. One of the pleasures of the Reading Rooms was coming back from long walks to find fresh bakery treats in the room. Perfect with a cup of tea and to ponder life while admiring your surroundings.

afternoon treat
They were from Clifton Bakery- never made it there - but plan to next time I'm in town- it sounded great and these little treats were delightful.



One of best things about the Reading Rooms is the absolute privacy- the only time this is disturbed is when breakfast is brought direct to your room- but it is so lovely to sit in your robe and nibble all the treats....so delicious and lots on offer for vegetarians.

 Freshly squeezed carrot, ginger and orange juice to drink, and the full vegetarian breakfast was roast vine tomatoes, mushrooms, sausage and halloumi cheese. 

The following morning I decided to try cream cheese, honey and cinnamon on toast and what a taste sensation. I have officially found my new favourite breakfast. I dare you to try it.

I didn't take enough interior pictures of the Reading Rooms, but there are plenty on the website

http://www.thereadingroomsmargate.co.uk/

It's a perfect little getaway and very romantic. So romantic that my girl and I decided to take the plunge and have a civil partnership this September...



1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo excited!!! I love a bit of romance. Looking forward to celebrating!

    ReplyDelete