Saturday 18 June 2011

a little of what you fancy

well, what do I fancy....


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

hang on a minute is this a blog about the Sound of Music...? No, it's a about what I fancy and I really fancy ' a Little of What You Fancy' on Kingsland Rd.


Michi took me there for my birthday dinner over a month ago, and I'd love to go back and try their lunch/ brunch, or just a slice of cake. The menu was seasonal, which I'm a big fan of. Only thing is, if you are a vegetarian like me you could only have asparagus starter and an asparagus main. British asparagus is one of my favourite foods (like shnitzel and noodles...- ooops, singing Salzburg Sound of Music tunes again) Anyway, we decided to kick of the meal with caper berries and olives. the olives were large lush and green and I loooove caper berries. Delicious.


Next came the main, a mouthwatering asparagus tart with Jersey royal potatoes. A winning combination.  By the way, I'm still learning to use my new camera so some pictures aren't they great. I hope I get the hang of it soon.


and of course, being my birthday it was all washed down with tasty prosecco. 


So, I give 5 tea cups to a little of what you fancy. Had melt in the mouth ice cream for dessert, but didn't get a snap. So I will leave you with the web link to have a look at, and a shot of our table, which was the perfect location for a romantic birthday dinner.




http://www.alittleofwhatyoufancy.info/



1 comment:

  1. A Fantastic range of modern and classic Crockery, Cleaning Products, Glassware are available at sensible prices to help create that perfect dining experience.

    ReplyDelete